Institute of Health Sciences

Institute of Health Sciences

History

 

Institute of Health Sciences has been established on July 20th 1982 by the legislative decree with number 41 in order to make postgraduate studies, and deceased Prof. Dr. İbrahim Gökaslan has been appointed by procuration as the Deputy Director of the Institute. Marmara University Institute of Health Sciences which has been established with the purpose of organization, coordination, supervising and directing the postgraduate studies and researches related thereto has started education in 1982-1983 Academic Year Spring Term at the Departments of the Faculty of Dentistry and Faculty of Pharmacy. Along with the establishment of the Medical School of our university, Departments of this faculty and thereafter, Departments of the School of Physical Education and Sports, School of Nursing, Institute of Gastroenterology and Institute of Neurological Sciences and Department of Management of the Health Institutions have participated in the education program of our Institute. Institute of Health Sciences comprised of four faculties, an academy, and two institutes, provides postgraduate education for 1949 students in 62 majors. 103 doctorate, 90 master programs with thesis, 12 primary non-thesis and 22 secondary non-thesis master programs constitute our 227 postgraduate education programmes. Turkish is the language in which the programs of Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Physical Education and Sports, Gastroenterology and Neurologic Sciences Institute are taught. On the other hand, English is language utilized for the programs of Orthodontics, Pedodontics, Periodontology, Prosthetic Dentistry Departments. 

This page updated by Institute of Health Sciences on 23.05.2017 10:48:26